As a school we strive for the highest standards for our children in a happy and safe school environment. We aim to provide a secure and supportive school which enables every child to:
- Always be positive, to achieve our goals and to work hard and to do our best.
- Encourage good manners and respect for each other, staff and visitors.
- Ask questions and to try and find the answers to our problems through investigation and exploring.
- Become an enthusiastic, confident, independent learner
- Develop self-discipline, self-respect and self-esteem
- Appreciate and value our own work and the work of others.
- Become responsible members of our community, and respect other people.
- Respect other religions as well as our own, and to think about how we behave towards others.
- Think about our attitudes, values and beliefs.
- Work confidently with other children.
- Develop their awareness of the environment, and recognise their personal role in conserving and developing it.
The curriculum offered across our school is:
- Broad and balanced
- Meets the requirements of the National Curriculum and Foundation/Early Years Curriculum
- Offers activity-centred approaches and first hand experiences
- Meets the spiritual, moral, cultural, academic and physical needs of every child
- Is supported by the best standard of resourcing possible.
As a whole, the school encourage positive links between local schools and parents, the community, local secondary schools, other primary schools and the wider world.